Priorities for Catholic Community Outreach grants:
- Programs which build up community, support the common good, encourage evangelization or foster the well being of families.
- Multiple parish programs are encouraged.
Examples of programs meeting these priorities might be programs which:
- enhance or develop parenting skills
- address needs of persons who have lost a spouse
- educate couples through retreats/workshops
- train lay leaders or ministers
- assist those in need
- address special needs of single parents
- evangelize adults
- begin or enhance youth ministry in parishes
Religious education grants are given to programs that serve children and youth, from pre-school through high school, and adult education.
Priorities in this category are:
- Preference for the poor
- Preference for projects that serve multiple persons or groups
- Strengthening of religious education and youth programs:
- Training of catechetical and youth leaders
- Training of catechists and youth workers
- Materials or programs that enhance religious education and youth ministry programs
- Parish or multiple parish adult enrichment programs, including lay ministry formation